[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:55:31 -0400

We had a great discussion of Cradle of Saturn by James P. Hogan at the last
meeting of the Science Fiction club. Those who finished it liked it, and those
of us who didn't finish it were encouraged to do so.

The next meeting is on Thursday, October 9, at 9 PM Eastern, 6 PM Pacific time
in the Friends of Bookshare Community Room at
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

The book for next month is Freedom's Landing by Anne McCaffrey. There is a copy
rated excellent on Bookshare at
http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=12443

The copy on Bookshare has no synopsis, so I'm borrowing the one from NLS:

When huge spaceships appear above the cities of Earth, Kris Bjornsen is one of
the many humans captured and forced into slavery by the Catteni aliens. But she
is able to regain a semblance of freedom when her Catteni overlords send her
and other slaves to a newly discovered world to see if it can be settled. With
the help of an exiled Catteni aristocrat, she is determined to make a new home
for herself.

McCaffrey has been one of the most popular Science Fiction and Fantasy writers
around for decades, so this book is almost certain to be a hit.

Hope to see lots of you at the meeting!

Evan