[bksvol-discuss] Newbery book request

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:05:06 -0700 (PDT)

At the library yesterday I cam across a book that
looked interesting and that I would like an excuse to
read  :-)   (emoticon for smile.  I'm not sure myself
how to do a wink. I've seen a list of a lot of
emoticons but I usually only use the smile): Lois
Lenski's Indian Captive. It's a Newbery Honor book. We
only have one book by Lenski in the collection.  If
someone would like to scan it, I'd be happy to
validate it.

Here's the summary:

In this classic Newbery Honor Award book, Lois Lenski
authentically reconstructs the fascinating story of
Mary Jemison's capture, flight, and early years with
the Seneca Indians. Lenski has brought her special
talents for research, for writing, and for drawing to
this true American story of a white girl's life among
Native Americans.

Cindy

Yahoo! Messenger