[bksvol-discuss] Re: Needing Help With a Scan

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:32:02 -0500

Hi again, Jamie!  Okay, I've been playing with this book a little more, with
the help of my 13-year-old niece.  She informed me that on these troublesome
pages, it's only one sentence, or maybe two, that is the culprit.  Apparently,
the author wrote little notes in the margins in a bigger font, and K1000
doesn't know what to do with them.  The book is around 190 pages, and I would
say that at least 1/3 of the pages have this problem.

For a blind person, this type of thing is a nightmare, but maybe it's not as
big a deal for a sighted person?  I fixed one page, and I put the offending
sentence between sections in the chapter, with the words "AUTHOR'S NOTE:"
preceding it.  For now, I'm following Cindy's advice and cutting and pasting
the emphasized text into a Word document, so that I can paste it where it
should be.  Like I said, it's a bear... But the good news is that the page
doesn't need to be re-typed! <Smile>  So if you had a copy of the book, you
could just fix the pages of the original scan.

Does that make sense?  It sounds complicated to me, but my brain is a bit fried
on this hot summer day! <LOL>  Let me know if you think you can help... And
bless you for even volunteering in the first place!! <Smile>

Jana