[bksvol-discuss] Re: NIMAC Books

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:53:25 -0500

Hi all,

Judy, all the organizations that I know about like NLS and Bookshare use the definition of Print Handicapped rather than mere blindness as their criteria for accepting patrons. I know that RFB&D does this too. I don't know about Baen books, but you might write them and find out. If the organization you are wanting to join uses the definition of Print Handicapped to make its determination you should be good to go. One is, as you know, print disabled or print handicapped if one cannot physically hold a book for any length of time or cannot turn pages or cannot read regular size print for any reason.

Where were you rejected? You shouldn't have been. Since you've got acceptance from NLS there should be no question about your elegibility.

Ann P.

P.S., is that lady in the library still ranting and raving about your choice of books? I still remember that! That just made me so mad!

P.P.S., Have you discovered Richard Seltzer's collections? Try going to http://samizdat.stores.yahoo.net/

Happy reading!

A.P.

--