[bksvol-discuss] Re: NIMAC Books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:11:19 -0600

Hi Ann,

To clarify, I should have said I am not a student. Organizations like RFB&D support students, but do not support me in any fashion (or anyone else who is not a student). As for other organizations, qualification for NLS does not necessarily equate to qualification for access unless one is blind. Shouldn't be that way, but it still is. Been there, done that, know how it is 'supposed to be' - but it isn't. I am not going to waste me time trying to fix it either, not when I can find ways to support Bookshare and its efforts.

Yep, that lady in my regional NLS library still gives me a hard time about my choice of books. I've chosen to solve the problem by refusing to talk to her on the phone. I always ask for someone else. I have bigger fish to fry in my life than wasting any more time dealing with her. smile.

I'll check out Richard Seltzer's collections - thanks!

Judy s.

Ann Parsons wrote:
Ann P.

P.S., is that lady in the library still ranting and raving about your choice of books? I still remember that! That just made me so mad!

P.P.S., Have you discovered Richard Seltzer's collections? Try going to http://samizdat.stores.yahoo.net/

Happy reading!

A.P.