[bksvol-discuss] Re: Meet The New Bookshare Librarian!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:20:29 -0500

Amen to that Mike, after all that was one of Bookshare's strengths was that a
committee doesn't decree what we should and should not have in the library.

I do agree though that a new set of subject and categories is most definitely
needed!

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of
their act as violence;
 rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
 The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed.
-Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)