[bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for ideas of books to scan?

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:42:37 -0500

Sue, I agree completely. Doing this without Bookshare's blessing would be irresponsible. Since Cindy and Jamie own the site where the wish list is posted, they needed to weigh in as well. I've found that by getting the input of the list, I can work out kinks in an idea before proposing it in writing to Bookshare. Sometimes the volunteers point out flaws that I miss, and I've found that it helps Bookshare if I propose an idea that has been thought through carefully. Then they don't have to work out the flaws and can focus on whether the idea has merrit or not.

Monica Willyard

siss52 wrote:
Well, it seems bookshare staff should be asked before a major drive is initiated. (smile)

Sue S.