[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lists of scanners and proofers

  • From: "Doug Maples" <WDMaples@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:04:12 -0500

I am a proofer, only. I also do image descriptions, as long as there are not
too many in the book. For some reason, that gets very tiring!

I like to do historical fiction, as well as pure history. (But not history
textbooks!) Teen and tween series books, with Christian themes. Children's
books, as well. Absolutely nothing in the field of science fiction, though.
Just can't get into that genre. Sometimes some just plain old good
nonfiction for adults, but nothing with adult only subject matter. I will
not tolerate vulgarity, profanity or anything close to objectionable mature
adult subject matter. It has to be acceptable for adults of all ages. Also,
no cookbooks.

Sometimes you never know what you're going to find interesting until you
start reading it. I have proofread some extremely good books that I had no
idea what they were about. Usually those were referred to me, though.

Thanks!
- Doug