[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lists of scanners and proofers

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:05:13 -0400

Well, there is another specific reason to put a hold on a book, that is to ensure that it is not jiffy proofed. If you put a book up for grabs on the Check Out list, you have no way of knowing whether whoever takes it will actually read it or not. I had that happen to a book I put up a few months ago, a 450-page book was taken off the Check Out list and checked back in 38 minutes later. I asked Carrie to put it back, and held for a specific person whom I knew would actually read it. So putting a hold on a book ensures that it will go to someone who will do the job right.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Tomblin" <dtomblin@xxxxxxxxxxx>