[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil scan to RTF file?

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:44:26 -0400

A demo should work just as well as the full copy. Do you know where the kes
file that you want to convert to rtf is?
Kurzweil's default folder where to put stuff is in a folder called general,
which is a subfolder of a folder called kurzweil educational systems, which is
a subfolder of my documents.
You can open the desired kes file in either of two ways, but note that in the
first way folder contents by default are shown in a grid, so when you are
looking through the contents of a folder you have to use more than just your up
and down arrows. Left and right have to be used as well. Faster, since you know
what you're looking for, it is easiest to simply use the first letter instead
of the arrows.
the first way is:
1. go into my documents
2. find the folder called kurzweil educational systems and push enter
3. find the folder called general and push enter
  4. find the kes file and push enter.
  It should automatically open in kurzweil.
  The second way is:
  1. open kurzweil
  2. open the open dialogue with control o
  If the defaults haven't been changed, you should already be in a list of the
contents of the general folder. just use up and down arrows or the first
letter.
  3. Finally, Once you find that kes file, simply push enter on it, and it will
be opened in kurzweil.

  If while in the open dialog you want to look in the contents of another
folder:
  1. push shift tab
  2. the general folder is highlighted. If you want to look in other folders on
the same level, by this I mean other folders which are also in the kurzweil
educational systems folder, use your up and down arrows.
  3. if kurzweil announces a particular folder you arrowed to contains other
folders, use your right arrow to open that folder and view those folders.
  4. if you want to exit that folder and back out of it, use your left arrow.
Note, if you continue using your left arrow over and over you will eventually
go from parent to parent to parent, ultimately getting as far as your c drive.
  5. at any time, if you want to view the contents of any folder which is
arrowed to, simply push tab, and the entire contents of that folder will be
shown in one vertical list.
  6. If you ever get lost in this web of folders, simply close the open
dialogue with the escape button, and then open it back up again with control o.
You will be back where you started from.

  As to your question about sketches, Kurzweil does not keep images in it's
files. Or, at least by default it doesn't. I don't know if there is a way to
maintain pictures or not, but it certainly is not a requirement for bookshare.
  Tiff