[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kaddish

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 18:16:08 -0700 (PDT)

 Thanks, Ann.I didn't realize I posted this. I thought I'd sent it directly to
Bob Tweedy. Sorry, folks, but thanks to Ann for looking it up.

Ann inspired me to look it up, too. I found more than enough information about
kaddishes,  the complete one, a mourner's kaddish, a rabbi's kaddish, but not
the phrase I remember, even when I put it in google in quotation marks. Maybe
it's just something our rabbi added. However, it's become a very popular
phrase, whatever its origin; when I googled the phrase I found it in
obituaries, books people sign at funerals, and many other places.
I'm not very religious and haven't been to services in many years but that
phrase I do remember as ending a prayer said at the end of a service on the
high holidays remembering those who have passed. Ann, if your friend Else gives
you more information, please send it to me off-list. Thanks.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

 Amen.

>It's a beautiful prayer.  I didn't know its translation till now.  I think
>there must be more too it though because it doesn't mention those who are gone
>at all.  Hmmm, interesting.  I'll have to ask my friend Elise sometime when
>we're sitting and talking.  Have a great day.
>

>Ann P.
>
>-- Ann K. Parsons
>Portal Tutoring
>EMAIL:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>web site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
>Skype: Putertutor
>
>"All that is gold does not glitter,
>Not all those who wander are lost."

>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word
 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of available
commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.