[bksvol-discuss] Re: Italicized Page Numbers

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:31:21 +0000

Marilyn,

Italicized page numbers probably don't matter even if you were to consistently change the numbers without them.  Italics in the texts do matter and wherever possible they should be kept. There is usually a reason why something is italicized and while the reader may not indicate them it is client's loss.  The sighted reader and someone who is reading the text aloud may choose to recognize them depending upon their context. Italics indicate titles of books, plays, Magazines, as well as foreign words and, in some places, poetry as in Tolkien's work where all the poems are usually italicized.

Amy
omsm
--
It if be now, 'tis not to come,