[bksvol-discuss] Re: Iron Lake

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:16:38 -0700

Hi, Cindy and all,

I have Theresa's email, and I can email her.  I'll do it right now.

Cat Lover Lori

From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] I released a book just now.
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 6:06 PM
Hi all,

I just released 'Iron Lake' by William Kent
Krueger.  It's a mystery
about Minnesota and a rural area.

This is one of the books at the end of the step 1 list.  It
is in ark
format.  I downloaded it and converted it to RTF.

Unfortunately, it is *not* an excellent book.
Kurzweil's Ranked
Spelling gives it a 96% rate, which is not excellent.   It
needs to
have its headers removed, many of the pages have mistakes
on them,
there are many common scanos present, and frankly, this
book needs more
babying than I'm prepared to give it right now.  I
notice this book has
a history of people who started with it, and gave up.
There are
several Krueger books up there, all in ark and probably all
scanned by
the same person.  The stories look good.  However, this is
going to
have to be tackled by a validator who is prepared to read
the whole
book, and to painstakingly and lovingly correct the huge
number of
errors present.  This job is *not* for me.  Sorry, folks,
but if I took
this on, I'd be working on the book from now till
Christmas and
probably beyond!  I hope that somebody will take on this
challenge and
bring this or these books up to snuff, but that person
ain't me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Email services provided by the System Access Mobile
Network.  Visit
line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word
'help' by itself in the subject line.