[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of downloads

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:18:40 -0500

Jamie Yates:

You always sign your name as Jamie in Michigan so I don't think people will
be confused.  Also, we know you are a sighted volunteer.  <smile>

Sue S.

From: Jamie Yates, CPhT <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 1:39 AM

When I scan a book it is usually 1 or 2 mb at the most so I would think
you'd have to download way more books than Bookshare even allows per month
to get to 250 gb per month.

I guess I should figure out how to distinguish myself from the new Jamie on
the list. I have the same problem at work--we have a new Jamie and sometimes
we work the same nights and people will not know which one of us they just
talked to. Sometimes that's awkward if it is an angry nurse calling! But
anyway at work some people call us "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" (from Dr. Seuss,
not a derogatory thing!) or some people call us Jamie who wants to be a
nurse and Jamie who would never want to be a nurse (that would be me).

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading -  Last Seen Leaving by Kelly Braffet
Call anywhere in the world for free on the 3 Skypephone