[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISBNnumbers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

 Oh o.k. But soometimes I've sen the ISBN number, start without the 13- or
whatever and just the other numbers.
Anyway, I'm fglad you gave me the info.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

                                      search field without any hyphens
                                      that might be in it. I would
                                      suggest leaving the search
                                      parameters to all departments.

                                      select a search in the books
                                      department it tends to return
                                      various editions of the book you
                                      are looking for and you will

                                      search all departments you will
                                      get results that describe the
                                      exact edition that you typed in
                                      the ISBN for. There may actually

                                      know why, but Amazon often has
                                      more than one page for a specific
                                      edition and all but one of them
                                      has a paucity of information

                                      in. If you click on the title of
                                      the first one displayed, though,
                                      you will get the page that tells
                                      you most about the exact

                                      might also want to try typing in
                                      the ISBN in the search field at
OpenLibrary.org. You can get a lot of metadata about the

                                      clutter like customer reviews and
                                      recommendations and the such. I
                                      would not advise abandoning Amazon
                                      for Open Library though.

> [...]
> [...]