[bksvol-discuss] I must be nuts! HELP!!!!

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:08:09 -0700 (PDT)

And yes, this is on topic!  LOL

Nichole and I are at ALA, the annual American Library Association convention in
New Orleans, and we are thoroughly overwhelmed.  Nichole shared her story and
passion for reading with hundreds of authors and publishers, promoting
Bookshare
all along the way.  Long story short, we found dozens of publishers and authors
interested in donations and was given 68 books, only 6 of which are already in
Bookshare, and 6 additional ARC's that cannot be used, but Nichole can read.

Anyway, after we get back, Doug and I will make a list with some synopses when
easily available and if anyone is interested in scanning them,  but can mail
them back to me (either for us to proof or to donate to our local library), I
can share the wealth.  Suffice it to say it is a WIDE range of books, nearly
all
YA and younger, but a couple adult titles.

My feet are worn off, but it has been the experience of a lifetime.  Tomorrow
Nichole is a special guest for the Schneider Family Award luncheon, and we will
likely head home immediately after since the exhibit hall closes at 2.  It was
dream come true for Nichole!
 Valerie, a weary, but proud and happy mom and devoted Bookshare volunteer