[bksvol-discuss] Re: I Surrender!

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:29:21 -0400

I wouldn't describe my actions regarding this book as being "patient" but
more like a manifestation of some sort of obsessive/compulsive disorder.  I
feel like a high tech Ahab fighting Moby Drupal and, ultimately, losing.

"Call me Ishmael..."

One thing I didn't try was copying and pasting the whole thing from OP into
WordPad.  I tried for about a half hour this morning trying to figure out
how to perform a "Select All" that included more than a single page (OP Help
says "Select All" works when in the "Document Manager" or "Thumbnail View"
but, trying both of those, I could only select a page at a time and I don't
want to do this 380 times for the entire work).  I have a sneaking suspicion
that when in the Document Manager or Thumbnail View that JAWS loses track of
what's going on and that there is some window somewhere on my screen that
needs to be active for OP to function properly.

Now, where did I leave that harpoon...

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Chris Hofstader