[bksvol-discuss] Re: How can this happen?

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:15:49 -0600

A quick look at internet based listing for the same book for sale, may
yield some material for creating short and long synopsis.  I did this
recently for Too Far Afield by Gunther Grass,  where I had no access to
synopsis in hard copy. G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Siobhan" <littlesailorgirl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
01/16/2008 10:24 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: How can this happen?

Hi Bob. The other thing I really don't like to see, and I may be in the
minority here, is one of two things.  Either the book ha a short synopses,

like I went to the store, and the long version contains the exact same
thing, or there's a shot, I went riding, and no long synopses.  If we're
going to take the time to scan it, how hard is it to even in your own
words,
write what the book is about?  Just my two cents in here.
Siobhan