[bksvol-discuss] Hi again.

  • From: "Patti Johnson" <razz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:58:25 -0400

Actually, that should have been, my fourth book in three days.  Besides which,
the book I was scanning today is already up on the site, so I will either
forget about scanning that one, or at some point, go back and try to pick it
back up again.  But, I am beginning to understand the fun you all get out of
scanning.  At least, for now, till I get into other things, I am really
enjoying it.
Patti
Ps. I went back up on the site tonight because I thought some one had said
there are newer books as of late last night.  I didn't see anything new.  Also,
I have a question.  I wanted to download the American Standard Bible.  It would
not open the Brf file, insisted I unzip it.  And it wouldn't unzip.  I gave up
and downloaded the txt version, as it was in the public domaine.  I think I
have downloaded public domaine books before and never had trouble opening them
with the unpack tool.  I wonder what happened in this case.  Also, this first
came about because I was searching for the NIV version of the Bible.  I found
it and downloaded it too, it isn't a public domaine book but I had no trouble
opening the brf file.  But, at one point in my search I came up with a page
that had 37 different kind of links for Bibles, and two of them were the
American Standard Version, one link for the Old Testament, one for the New.  I
can't find that now, because I really only wanted the Old Testament of the
American Standard version.  Was that a fluke or am I not searching the right
way now?  Does any of this make sense??

Me and my guide dog;
He does a good job,
He keeps me safe