[bksvol-discuss] Re: Has anyone ever seen page numbers appearing without any text next to them?

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:43:42 -0500

If page numbers are present, do leave them in. It's hard enough sometimes putting them in when they're not there. I couldn't imagine taking them out then having to put them back in. ,smile> For works of fiction, opinions are divided as to whether they're really necessary but I think they should be present at all costs. sometimes they don't scan well and unless you can get a copy of the book or have someone who can, you can't always tell when the numbering actually starts, but if they're already present, do leave them in. Do the page numbers appear at the bottom of the pages? They don't always have text next to them in that case. Sometimes at the tops of pages they might have a header next to them but even then, sometimes they're on a line by themselves.

Kristin Mills wrote:

Hey everyone!

I am currently proof reading /Death in Paradise /by */Carolyn Hart. Is it natural for page numbers to appear without text next to it? That’s what I’m experiencing here in this novel and I just wanted your opinions on it. Right now I’m removing them however if they need to be left alone then I will reenter them. If anyone has any suggestions then I’d greatly appreciate any help with this stuff. Thanks a bunch for all of your support and help with this project of proof reading this book. Hopefully everyone is having a great day! /*

/Kristin /

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3853 (20090214) __________

http://www.eset.com