[bksvol-discuss] Fw: Book submitted: C is for Cupcake

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:11:33 -0500

Hello everyone,

Here is another of the books I had to be submitting.  It should be a really
easy proof, and a truly cute story.

ISBN:
0-688-20098-2

Title:
"c" Is For Cupcake

Author(s):
Carolyn Haywood (Illustrator)

Publisher:
HarperCollins Publishers

Copyright Date:
1974

Copyrighted By:
Carolyn Haywood

Brief Synopsis:
Adventures of Christie, her rabbit, Cupcake, and other members of her first
grade class.

Long Synopsis:
The first grade taught by Mrs. Wilkins in this book is an exciting place. Mrs.
Wilkins is a teacher who is game for any activity that her pupils suggest, and
Carolyn Haywood is just the writer to make sure that she never remains
unchallenged for long. Most of the escapades concern Christie's pet rabbit
named Cupcake, but further complications abound. Christie first takes Cupcake
to school when the rest of the class is bringing baked goods to sell on Cupcake
Day. Despite the confusion, the white rabbit quickly becomes the unofficial
mascot of the room. Other animals also enter Mrs. Wilkins's life. At various
times she must cope with a Siamese cat on the rampage and a Belgian rabbit
named Cinnamon Bun. The climax comes, however, when baby rabbits arrive during
breakfast at which the first graders are entertaining their daddies. First
grade today is made for the irrepressible children created by Carolyn Haywood.
Warm and funny, her story of their year's doings captures the spirit of the
modern school.

Comments:
Has been read through. Page numbers are present, blank pages are black and
white illustrations. Picture descriptions would enhance the text but are not
necessary to understand the story. Please contact me if you have any questions.
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Adult content:
No

Language:
English US

Book Quality:
EXCELLENT

Categories:
Literature and Fiction, Children's Books, Animals

B4E Significant:
No

SFWA Challenged:
No

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., CVRT
Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services
4200 Lovell Place
Erie, PA 16503
814-871-4401
sherhodes@xxxxxxxxxxx

Notice:  On **Friday, July 29th**, the commonwealth will be adding @pa.gov as
the primary email domain for all state employees.  For example:
sherhodes@xxxxxxxxxxx will now be sherhodes@xxxxxxx The email addresses ending
in @state.pa.us will continue to function so that emails will never be
interrupted.  We appreciate your cooperation as we take a small step to
increase the usability and consistency of the commonwealth's online
communications.