[bksvol-discuss] Re: Full Inclusion: Image Description Protocols in 360 Degree Review

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 07:53:11 -0800

Misha,

Good example. The same image might have a description in one book and not
another. It may appear in more than one place in the same book where a
different bit of information is emphasized in the text. Again a different
description may be required. Then there is when an image is used in a
review or test section and the describer must not give away the answers -
but the entire test depends on the student visually evaluating the image.
Levels of complexity here!

For those who would like to delve into image description in very great
detail:

Archived NCAM image description training:
http://ncam.wgbh.org/experience_learn/educational_media/stemdx/training_eve
nts

Archived P2PU Alt Text & Universal Design:
http://archive.p2pu.org/webcraft/alt-text-universal-design

Scott