[bksvol-discuss] For Those Who Knew Fred Bertelsen

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:10:04 -0500

Dear Booksharians, I'm writing to let you all know that our dear friend and
fellow volunteer Fred Bertelsen has passed away. Many of you met Fred
through the activities in the Friends Of Bookshare chat room. He helped so
many of us with everything from learning to use our computers to
understanding what print books look like. He treated everyone with kindness
and respect. I'll miss him terribly.

Fred's family is in the painful position of needing funds to pay for Fred's
urn and other expenses, so they are requesting help with that rather than
having people send flowers. If any of you are able to help or would like to
send his wife a sympathy card, please email me at rhyami@xxxxxxxxx for his
address. I don't want to put it on a public list.

Finally, as many of you know, Fred's passion was old time radio. In his
honor, there will be an online memorial for Fred on Thursday night, November
20, at 8 PM Eastern time in the Radio Out Of The Past Old Time Radio Room.
Fred's friends can gather to share stories about Fred, share our tears, and
our hope and comfort too. We'll use the same Talking Communities chat
software that you've used in the Friends Of Bookshare chat room. On Thursday
night, just go to
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs8d80999b8145 for the
conference room or visit http://www.radiooutofthepast.com
<http://www.radiooutofthepast.com/>  for the Radio Out Of The Past site
itself. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Monica Willyard