[bksvol-discuss] Re: Followup on wishlist request: Hank the Cowdog series

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kendell clark <coffeekingms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:03:36 -0700 (PDT)

They are listed on the Wish List. I don't know why they didn't show up on the
wiki list. I'll  forward your note to Pavi. Maybe she hasn't had time to update
the Wish List, which I send to her every time there's a change..

I'll also forward your note to the volunteer email list. I think I did befoe
with a brief description about the series. I'll add more this time:

Here are selected comments from Amazon readers/listeners  (on cassette..

homely, he's not too bright, and he loves to boss around his pal,
Drover.  Hank the Cowdog is also loyal, brave, and downright
hilarious. This first story in a series of several dozen, 'The Original
Adventures of Hank the Cowdog' introduces us to Hank, and it isn't long
before you get the impression that Mr. Erickson is a keen observer of
dogs. Hank's misadventures will have not just the kids laughing, but
the adults in your family as well. At one point, my sons owned a few
dozen Hank the Cowdog cassettes and we spent many an hour listening
along with them at Hank's antics. But along with all that laughter, we
were always pleased at the subtle moral values the stories teach. So
pull up a chair and listen along as John Erickson takes you into the
'tight circle' of Hanks' world. This is a 'can't miss' selection for
children of all ages. Highly recommended.

        Comment Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you?

  function showYesNoCommunityResponse(uId,result,value) {
    var msgLayer = getElement("thanks" + uId);
    if ( result == "SUCCESS" ) {
      msgLayer..innerHTML = "Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided to
other Amazon.com readers and reviewers. Your vote will be counted and will
appear on the product page within 24 hours.";
    } else {
      showVoteErrorResponse(msgLayer,result,value);
    }
  }

    function showYesNoDefaultMessage(uId){
        document.write("");
    }

    function restoreYesNoDefaultMessage(uId){
        var msgLayer = document.getElementById("thanks" + uId);
        msgLayer.innerHTML = "";
    }

    function showYesButton(vUrl, uId){

        var yesImg = ' ' +
                     '' +
                     'Yes' +
                     ' ';

        document.write(yesImg);
    }

    function showNoButton(vUrl, uId){
        var noImg = '' +
                    'No' +
                    '';

        document.write(noImg);
    }

  function sendYesNoRating(vUrl,uId){
    restoreYesNoDefaultMessage(uId);
    var voteLayer = document..getElementById('YesNoVotingFrame_'+uId);

    var ifDoc;
    if ( voteLayer.contentDocument ) {
      ifDoc = voteLayer.contentDocument;
    } else if ( voteLayer.contentWindow ) {
      ifDoc = voteLayer.contentWindow.document;
    } else if ( voteLayer.document ) {
      ifDoc = voteLayer.document;
    }

    if ( ifDoc ) {
      ifDoc.location.replace(vUrl);
    }
    else {
      voteLayer.src = vUrl;
    }

    if ( ''.length > 0 ) {
        showLoadingMessageForYesNo(uId);
    }

    return false;
  }

  function showLoadingMessageForYesNo(uid) {
      var noBtn = document.getElementById(uid+'_no');
      var yesBtn = document.getElementById(uid+'_yes');
      var msgLayer = document.getElementById("thanks" + uid);

      if( noBtn != null && yesBtn != null && msgLayer != null) {
          noBtn.style.display = 'none';
          yesBtn.style.display = 'none';
          msgLayer.innerHTML = "";
      }
  }

  function showYesNoResponse(uId,result,value) {
    var msgLayer = document.getElementById("thanks" + uId);
    if ( result == "SUCCESS" ) {
        msgLayer.innerHTML = "Thank you for your feedback.";
    } else {
        showVoteErrorResponse(msgLayer,result,value, "");
    }
  }

  function showVoteErrorResponse(msgLayer,result,value,errorStringOverride) {
    msgLayer.style.color = '#990000';

    if(errorStringOverride != null && errorStringOverride != "") {
      msgLayer.innerHTML = errorStringOverride;
    }
    else {
      if ( result == "BAD-VOTE" ) {
        msgLayer.innerHTML = "There was a problem with your request.";
        } else if ( result == "UNRECOGNIZED" ) {
        msgLayer.innerHTML = "You must be recognized to vote.";
      } else if ( result == "SERVICE-FAILURE" ) {
        msgLayer.innerHTML = "There was an error processing your request.
Please try again later.";
      } else if ( result == "AUTHOR-VOTE" ) {
        msgLayer.innerHTML = "We're sorry, you can't do that.";
      }
    }
  }

 Yes No

Yes No

(Report
this)

    "

If you still like to read as a family and have kids in the middle to
low elementary grades, this is the book for you. The characters are fun
and the observations that the Director of Ranch Security, Hank the
Cowdog, make are amazingly right on, given HIS perspective on life.

THis is one of those books that the whole family can enjoy. No huge
character messages, just clean and wholesome and NOT Disney. My husband
and I enjoy these as much as the kids. If you get a chance to hear a
recorded version of these, that is EVEN better. The voicing is amazing.

amznJQ.onReady('CustomerPopover', function() {});

            Share your thoughts with other customers: Create your own review

            › See all 50 customer reviews...

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: