[bksvol-discuss] Re: February is Random Acts of Kindness month

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:42:43 -0500

Dear Jamie and Booksharian Friends,

In support of Jamie's Random Acts of Kindness book wish fulfillment project,
Evan will scan and I'll proofread,

Hardy Boys #137 High-Speed Showdown
and
Hardy Boys #143 The Giant Rat of Sumatra.

Bookshare already has well over 200 Hardy Boys titles. Their are several Hardy
Boys series. The above books aren't there yet and I have about 10 more to add
if we can get to them. I'll be glad to validate these others. If anyone is
interested in scanning and you think you can get them from your library, I'll
send you a list of what I have to use for double checking as I proofread. These
books are very worn retired library books. Their battered state tells me many
kids checked them out and read them. At the sale where I found them a middle
school aged boy was frantically going through the stacks on the tables looking
for books to complete his collection.

I wish we had a newsletter to highlight parts of the collection, to tempt
readers, to post challenges, etc. It would be such fun for kids to write in to
tell us they were hooked on a series and how many books they'd read so far! We
have series for all ages including:

Sammy Keyes,
Arthur
Clifford
Nutty Nutzel,
Marven Redpost
Nancy Drew
Sweet Valley
Making Out,
Girl Talk
Junie B. Jones,
Frog and Toad,
Babysitter's Club,
Pee Wee Scouts
Baily School,
Bad News Ballet
The Mummy Series
Star Wars
Help I'm Trapped in...
And scads of fantasy series I don't know the names of.

Many of these are nearing completion, are up to date or are complete.

Does Bookshare have a series section? And, does it have a series section for
adults? Before Bookshare I never had the luxury of reading a series in order. I
appreciate all the work of everyone who has contributed to this genre of
escapist reading entertainment.

Always with love,

Lissi