[bksvol-discuss] Re: FW: Re: Converting Tables in Word 2007

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 00:31:25 -0500

Hey Lisa;
I had a hard time with this process as well. What I did and this may or may
not work for you was the following (and let me say, it was pretty lengthy
too).
1. I went into the table and selected the text by cell; making sure to keep
the selecting in sequence by using the left and right arrow keys (JAWS
commands).
2. After I was in the cell I wanted to be in, I just did a select or
highlight and copy and paste; putting the information on the clipboard.
**Note that after the first copy and paste (using the control C & control V)
the next copy and pastes were done using the window C command (in JAWS)
3. I opened up a new word document and pasted the information into the "new"
document using the control V JAWS command.
4. After I done this, I went back to the top cell in the table and navigated
the ribbon to select the table for deletion and deleted it. (this took a
long while for me to grasp the concept and I can send you the email from
Chella or Misha, not sure which one who gave these instructions)
5. After the table was deleted, I went back and inserted the newly copied
text into the spot where the table was, putting asterisks where they were
needed. The ctrl C & ctrl V along with the window C commands kept the
information in tact on the table. (keep in mind that my table wasn't "too
information filled" to begin with) I have used this same method for some of
my school documents as well and so far it has worked perfectly.
**Also keep in mind that when using the cctrl C feature in JAWS--once you
copied text onto the clipboard using the ctrl C feature, using the window C
command will continue to copy text onto the clipboard. Subsequently, all of
the information that you copied & pasted onto the clipboard using this
feature will paste in the document once you use the ctrl V. In order to
start a "new" session, just do another ctrl C after you pasted the
information onto the clipboard. You will get a message like "do you want to
erase the clipboard or maybe it's over-write the clipboard" and just say yes
and your "new"session begins.

Hopefully, This will not be too tedious for you and will work. It's truly
extra steps but for me, that table menu is frustrating because if you are
not in the table or correct cell, the menu items will appear correctly on
the screen.
HTH, Let me know if I need to forward that email off-list for you...
Netta