[bksvol-discuss] Em Dash Update

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:39:39 -0700

Well, I guess the problem isn't K1000.  I just created a short document using
Wordpad, and put several em dashes in it.  When I transfered the file to my Pac
Mate, they were replaced by dashes.  I could have sworn that some books I
scanned earlier this year with em dashes transfered correctly, but maybe they
were en dashes.  I'm beginning to doubt my memory now.  Anyhow, Pratik, there
is no need to check by converting a file from K1000.  Apparently, any rtf file
will do.  That does simplify things, because now we know that the matter is
with the Pac Mate, or the transfer method.  I will be curious to know if you
can duplicate it.

I have something else I want to try, and I will let you know what happens.  I
decided to keep posting to the list, at least for now, unless you think
otherwise, because the information may be of use to others perhaps.