[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dark is Rising Sequence

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:06:13 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, Gary. The first one, Over Sea, Under Stone was
written in 1965. The rest were written in the' '70s.
The Dark is Rising was a Newberry Honor book and The
Grey King was  Newbery Medal Winner, I think in 1975.

In double checking online just now, I see she is still
writing, books of a different sort, one published in
2000 and one published about 2 boys, set in the
Bahamas, in 2002. One, and I forget one, is described
as being her best since The Dark Is Rising.  12 of her
books including those two and some of the single books
in the Dark series are on bookshare.

Cindy