[bksvol-discuss] Re: Covers

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:25:13 -0700

Jumoing in:

Evan is correct. The info can cover and dustjacket info can be used when doing
a synopsis but scan of cover do not get included in the uploaded books.

Note carefully whether it is a synopsis by the publisher or a review by anyone
else. They have different copyright restrictions. A publisher's synopsis can be
copied. Material on the cover by anyone but the publisher may not because it
has its own copyright restrictions not cover by our Chafee Amendment
permissions.

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow, Bookshare Volunteer Department