[bksvol-discuss] Re: Covers

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:28:32 -0700

Hi Scott,

Honestly, I rarely scan front covers.  They generally have such difficult to
scan print that it just isn't worth it to have the title of the book and the
author's name, plus sometimes the publisher.  The title page is a different
matter, but talking covers only, the inside flaps of book jackets and the
back covers are often all that contains pertinent material that isn't
available elsewhere in the book.

My advice to you is that if you are scanning a book, not to struggle with
the front cover, which, to answer your question, most times seems to contain
the title and author of a book, just isn't worth the time and trouble of
having that material scanned, since it appears on the title page anyway, and
is almost impossible to get to scan clearly.

Does that answer your question in a far too roundabout way?

Mayrie