[bksvol-discuss] Control Page Down in Word

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:13:40 -0400

Hi Sarah.  I've been meaning to post something about this for a while.  Yes,
I encounter the same problem, and I'm using Word 2000.  This is what I've
noticed.

When I open Word and pull up a document, I can use the control-page-down and
get to the top of the next page, and this works all the way to the end of
the document or until I decide to do something else.  But once I use the
find function, then control-page-down finds the next occurrence of whatever
I put in the find field.  So for instance, if I decide to use the find
function to search for chapter headings and put in the word "chapter," then
the next time I hit control-page-down, it searches for the next occurrence
of the word "chapter."  I can change the selection in the find field to
something else, but then control-page-down just looks for whatever I changed
it to.  I can't figure out how to change it back to finding the top of the
doesn't work.  The only solution I've found is to close out Word and open it
up again.  Then control-page-down finds the top of each page until I use the
find function again.  I've gotten really good at checking for page integrity
first before searching for anything else.  Still, it's pretty aggravating.
Anyone have any ideas?

Peace and Hope,

Donna