[bksvol-discuss] Re: Complete Content

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:57:34 -0700

Carrie is right that absolutely the copyright info and title have to be
there.  But as for the rest, preliminary and post-story material is not
considered core content and is not required for the book to be approved for
the collection.

I also enjoy reading such things, but since it is not required, some people
choose to exclude it.  Especially some preliminary material such as the
Table of Contents doesn't scan very well and can take some work to get it
into decent shape.  If a book has an index, this can also not come out very
well, even with good equipment and software, and the submitter and/or
validator considers it too much work to fix it up.  I always put in all that
stuff, and fix it up as best I can, so I can tell you that  it can indeed
take a good deal of time to make it good quality for some books.

Evan