[bksvol-discuss] Re: Captain Peggie

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:05:26 -0500

Earlier this evening I posted here that the ending is missing in Captain
Peggie, by Angela Brazil.  However, it has dawned on me that because of the
new policy, the book cannot be kicked back to Step 1 and the ending
provided.  Rather, although the rest of the copy is an acceptable scan, the
whole thing will need to be rescanned.  This seems like a waste of time,
when those few pages could be supplied by someone willing to get the print
book.  In the meantime, the people who have downloaded it for pleasure
reading, which would include young teenagers, will have to wait a long time
to see if anyone is willing to rescan the whole thing.

I sincerely wish there was a workaround for books such as this.  And this is
just one example.  If I were scanning books, I doubt if I would take a book
such as this which only requires a few pages at the end and rescan the whole
thing.  This is a shame, because it is a clean book and is very appropriate
for teens.

Just my thoughts,
Sue S.