[bksvol-discuss] Can't submit/What does this mean

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:49:18 -0500

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it.

I highlighted the document, a .rtf file by the by, and changed the font to Arial, regular and 12 pt. but obviously that isn't correct. help, I never had trouble submitting these books till the new site when live and this is the fourth one of these that I have had trouble with.

Book is Salamanders part of the Nature's Children series.

This is the message I got when I tried to submit.

The document contains text that cannot be parsed, "" (the characters may not be printable characters, and may not display here). Please correct the text and submit the file again.

History. I have found that sometimes these files don't go up well as .rtf so i saved it as a .txt file, opened it in MS Word, which preserved page breaks, then saved as a .rtf. This usually fixes any and all problems at least it did before I would have in the books. Help! I have several more of this particular style of book, which seems to give the site fits, I want to know what is wrong with the files. The only other remote posibility is there is a table in there that isn't a table, and shouldn't be treated as a table that is messing up the code. Very frustrated, but it is my scanner, OCr, braillenote, and this one particular style of book. help!

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of their act as violence;
rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)