[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books with problems--what to do

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:30:01 -0400

I believe the reason that books of low quality need to be rescanned instead
of simply correcting the existing files in the collection was answered quite
a while back; and if I recall correctly, it involves the inability of those
existing files to be processed to have the navigation features that are a
part of the Daisy files that Bookshare now publishes. If you fix up a brf
file, say, or an html version of a book, it will not be able to be processed
in such a way as to have the markup language that will enable Daisy
navigation.

I'm sure that Jake could give a more detailed answer, but I believe that
that is the gist of it.

Evan