[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books published prior to Library of Congress numbers

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:08:52 -0500

ISBN is optional and not required.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

- Helen Keller

----- Original Message -----
From: <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 9:21 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Books published prior to Library of Congress
numbers

I have a series of books which I would like to scan and add to the
collection. They were written between 1900 and 1930 prior to Library of
Congress numbers. They all have a copyright page. These books have been
recently been republished by different publishers which give them an ISBN.
But of course these ISBN are for the newer reprint. What should I do about
no ISBN? All of the books without ISBN are available from the library. None
of the more current reprints are available from the library.

Jim Nuttall

7:37 PM