[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books I am scanning

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 22:15:23 -0500

Hi mariann, that book may be a bit of a challenge to scan.  I am working on the
Complete idiots Guide to chess.

The one bit of advise from playing chess, is to have a physical chess board in
front of you while you are playing or reading the books.  It just makes the
moves conceps and ideas much more clearer.  A functional and good set can be
bought for $20 from www.braillebookstore.com  there are other sets but tis one
is a good beginner one and not a huge investment when others can cost twice to
three times as much.  It isn't a conversation piece though as the others can
be, as it is pretty rough but functional.

But I have a feeling from workng on other "for Dummies" books that you are
going to need some sighted assistance with it.  have fun with the chess.  I
started learning chess through the hadley course.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of
their act as violence;
 rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
 The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed.
-Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)