[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 00:50:55 -0700 (PDT)

Below is a list of publisher donors we got quite some time ago.  (August of
'08)I saved it, so if you or anyone prefers to have it as an rtf attachment
I'll send it to you. Maybe we'll get an  updated one.

Harper Collins, O'Reilly, Hachette and Perseus--don't scan their books--being
donated
Current List of Publishers Signed On With Bookshare.org (08/27/08)

I.      Harper Collins

II.     O'Reilly

III.    The Perseus Book Groups

Imprints:

i.      Avalon Travel

ii.     Basic Books (renowned publisher of serious nonfiction: Warren Bennis,
Douglas Hofstadter, Alice Miller, Niall Ferguson, Richard Feynman, Howard
Gardner, Zbigniew Brzezinski
<https://mail.benetech.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.perseusbooksgroup.com/basic/author_detail.jsp?id=000703>
  )

iii.    Basic Civitas Books  (African-American & African Studies),  Da Capo
Press (H.G. Bissinger's Friday Night Lights; American and world history,
biography, music, especially jazz, film, art, photography, sports, humor, and
popular culture)

iv.     Da Capo Lifelong Books,

v.      Nation Books (joint venture partnership)

vi.     Public Affairs (joint venture partnership)

vii.    Running Press

viii.   Seal Press

ix.     Vanguard Press

x.      Westview Press (distinguished publisher of college textbooks)

IV.     Hachette Book Group USA is made up of the following publishing groups
and imprints:

i.       Little, Brown & Company

ii.     Back Bay Books

iii.     Bulfinch

iv.     Grand Central Publishing

v.      5-Spot

vi.      Business Plus

vii.    Forever

viii.   Springboard Press

ix.     Twelve

x.      Vision

xi.     Wellness Central

xii.    FaithWords

xiii.   Center Street

xiv.    Orbit

xv.      Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

xvi.    LB Kids

xvii.   Poppy

xviii. Yen Press

[Notable authors include David Baldacci, David Sedaris, Michael Connelly, James
Patterson, Nelson DeMille, Stephanie Meyer, Anita Shreve, Alice Sebold, Lou
Dobbs, Jennie Fields, Robert Kiyosaki, Rick Moody, Sidney Sheldon, Nicholas
Sparks, Jon Stewart and the writers of Comedy Central's The Daily Show, Stephen
Colbert, and David Foster Wallace.]

I add the list Carrie sends me of bestsellers that bookshare is working on to
the being-scanned list. Also, at or near the bottom of the  list is a list of
books that people have sent to bookshare for them to scan.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: