[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bargains I have found for eventual scan or proof

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 01:00:06 -0400

I picked up some good books yesterday on my rounds at four thrift stores. I
don't know if they are already on Bookshare but they looked like interesting
reads for me.

Well, one I am not going to read, I am just going to scan:

Ideas Behind the Chess Openings by Reuben Fine

It's copyright 1949 and my edition is the 1973 but it looks like a much
easier job to tackle than the other chess book I did. That should please
some chess fans!

I also picked up Leaving L.A. by Rexanne Becnel, which is not in the
collection. So I will eventually scan it unless someone else wants to do it
before I get to it.

I found The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella in hardcover for 50 cents,
which is in the collection already.

I also found Spite Fences by Trudy Krisher and that's in the collection.

I found From a Sealed Room by Rachel Kadish which looks like a good book and
that is already in the collection.

I picked up Ella Minnow Pea: A Novel in Letters by Mark Dunn, and that is
not in the collection, so I will scan it unless someone else wants to do it
before I get to it (I scan library books before my own owned books).

For the kids I found a good looking book called Camp Confidential: Grace's
Twist by Melissa J. Morgan which has handwritten parts in it. Those I will
type in when I scan. It seems to be book 3 in a series of books.

And I also found Franny K. Stein: Mad Scientist Lunch Walks Among Us by Jim
Benton which has also got some handwritten parts in it. This is book 1 in a
series for kids.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi, Susan!
>
> I am doing Nichole's library book (a Christian young adult/teen romance)
> since it is not in the collection and first of a series while it is here,
> and then I will do a Bobbsey Twin for you after that.
>
> The pysical act of scanning is quick, it is paginating if stripped with
> ehaders that takes time.  I should have this done before the weekend.
>
> Who wanted to do Doug's/my Maisy board book... remind me so we can submit
> with the hold.
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Valerie
>
> Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:
>
> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Killer Stuff by Sharon Fiffer
See everything I've read this year at: www.michrxtech.com/books.html