[bksvol-discuss] Re: Barbara -- Need more time to validate a book

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:41:54 -0500

Dear Barbara, Cindy and Everyone,

Barbara, too many times I've forgotten and let my renewal date expire without renewing my books and have begged to get them back. I lost one but Some of the volunteers here have kindly returned books that landed back on step one because I didn't renew them.

Cindy's suggestion is most practical but I'm less organized and haven't kept a calendar since I stopped being able to see print ones. I still forget to renew occasionally, but do so less often.As a kind of insurance, I usually renew every 5 or 6 days.

If you don't renew and your book or books disappear from your step 2 page, look for it or them on step one and download again. If they aren't on step one, you can ask if anyone on the list has the book. Everyone here has been very kind about releasing a book when another volunteer asks for it. But, as Janice's press release reminded us, there are lots of volunteers who aren't on the list. One of them could have your book not knowing you were working on it. They won't see your post asking to get it back. When that happened to me a time or two, I became more careful about renewing!

We get to know each other pretty well on this list and often look out for one another. Just the other day, I let one of my books slip back to step one by mistake and a fellow volunteer contacted me off list and advised me to grab it back before it vanished.

Let us know how your attempt to renew turned out.

Always with love,

Lissi