[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Validation Dilemma

  • From: "Max G. Swanson" <mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 12:19:09 -0500 (CDT)

The title is, "The New American Militarism...Seduced by War."  Author,
Andrew Bacevich.

The number in question is in the beginning of Chapter 5, and it's looking
like the correct rendering is 100.  "Million" is written out.

The other ongoing problem is that the footnote numbering scheme features
numbers out of sequence, and they're often attached to the period at the
end of a sentence.  A simple matter to insert a space and leave the number
in the clear; but if someone were relying on those endnotes, which are all
at the back of the book, for formal citation, there could be problems.

Thanks for all the great feedback, and I've renewed for another week.

BTW, when a book file is in this status, can another member download it as
well, or is it kind of sequestered?  uess the jury's still out on that
one.
--
"True Terror is waking up and finding your old high school class is
running the country."--Kurt Vonegut.   Pax, Max.  <Mail to: