[bksvol-discuss] Another Newby

  • From: Laurie Alice Eakes <lauriealice@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:56:34 -0500

Happy Holiday everyone, and I am another newby to the volunteer list of validators. I just joined, so haven't had a chance to get a book yet, so am absorbing all of the tips and tricks before even starting.

As a Bookshare user since October, I want to give back some. Also, I am a published author--my book is available on Bookshare, as I scanned a copy and donated it--and am more than a little frustrated with the publishing industry for not making books available to persons who cannot read by traditional means for whatever reason--and they are more than what people think.

I also have several books that I have scanned for myself and, after I learn how the validation process goes, would like to get them read for submission in such good shape taht validators don't have to do much work.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your hard work on behalf of all of us who use Bookshare. I have found some incredible treasures there already and know I will find more. I pop them into my Pac Mate with a Braille display and--voila!
Laurie Alice Eakes, Author of Family Guardian
www.lauriealiceeakes.com
http://seizethechance.blogspot.com