[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Newby

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 07:17:07 -0500

Welcome all. Whatever we celebrate this time of year joy to us all. I am Elizabeth. I sign as E. a lot. That started to distinguish me from another Liz (Liz Botner) who is sometimes on this list.

I have been volunteering for bookshare for about six years. Mostly I validate. I started volunteering almost as soon as I became a member. I had downloaded a book and wanted to fix the errors I found there. I found that to do that, I needed to volunteer.

Bookshare comes from all we do. We all get to have fun reading. Through all of us, bookshare evolves and changes. The collection is different from that at a library in some ways in that it reflects the particular interests of bookshare members. Welcome all you new folks. Please ask a lot of q1uestions. The collection will be better because of you. I so enjoy this group of people!!

E.