[bksvol-discuss] Re: All quote closed quotes

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:42:10 -0500

Dave,

I suspect the problem to be much more of a fault of Openbook than Bookshare.
However let's not blame any one thing yet.  If you can please give us two
recent titles that you  uploaded and/or validated, if would be quite
helpful.  If you please give us the titles that you just tried to check out
with openbook, it would be even better.  As Robert pointed out in his
message, K1K may not behave in the same strange manner with these books.
Frankly, I trust K1K's rendering of DAISY than Openbook.  I also have some
other independent tools that would also varify the integrity of DAISY
material.  Let's look at this difficulty scientifically and then try to
determine where the problem lies.  Bookshare's tools may or may not be at
fault here.  Once the problem is looked at, we can best devise a solution.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director
Office of Special Services