[bksvol-discuss] Re: A few questions about circumventing the stripper, entering descriptive text, and handling tables

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:32:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Maria,

1. Yes, you're formatting correctly. No, you don't
have too man blank lines.

2. I do number blank lines if they're in sequence, so
peopple won't thinbk they're missing anything.
Sometimes I've numbered the beginning pages if the
first chapter does not begin with page 1. I've gone
back from whatever the number wasn, e.g., seven, and
numbered each previous page accordingly, but with
arabic, not roman numverals--unles the pages
themselves, like an introduction or something, have
roman numberals.  (I wonder why we say arabic numbers
but roman  numerals--hmmm.) With the last book I did,
though, I just put a note in the long synopsis that
the main text began with page 8.

I put line break, space, the page number (by
itself--no bracket or anything--I used to, and even
put "blank pge," but as Gerald pointed out, then the
page is no longer blank--and people objected to having
to heard "bracket") space and page break.

3. I do what you did re front and back covers and the
flaps, but I don't bother with the word "text"

4. I think what you've done with the table is
fine--more than enough. It nicely puts the books in
the series under the series title. I don't think you
need the chronology of the different series. It's the
order of books in a series that's important. I think
you did a wonderful job that will help people who want
to read the author's books.

You are certainly a valuable volunteer and we are m
ost grateful.

Cindy