[bitlug] Re: linux 0.01 on floppy

  • From: Turuvanur Pavan-A20404 <pavan.tc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:25:34 +0530

>facing problems loading it. could u please tell us how we can run it from the
>floppy? this >os uses the minix 1 file system. we wish to load it onto the
>floppy n run it from there.
>deadlines r approaching n we have a lot to do. assistance at the earliest
>would be highly

Hi firaz,
I'm not very much aware of the problem or it's solution. But from what you have
written, I feel that you have not been able to create a minix filesystem on
your floppy.

You might have taken a look at it, since it is part of the linux_scratch

go to the ftp site listed here and download the tar file(Pick up the latest
version). It is sized some 1.75 Mb.It has all the linux-utilities required for
the 0.01 version of linux.

I havent tried making a minix filesystem on a floppy using these sources. Hope
you can make it. Put the results on the list.

Also, if you are unable to access them, let me know.