[birdky] winter passerines and black vultures

  • From: Ian Stewart <itsacharliebrownchristmas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:45:50 -0500

I have several feeders up in north Lexington and have only had a single junco
this year, though plenty of goldfinches and house finches. Not as many white
throated sparrows as usual, and not a single white crowned sparrow (I usually
see 5 or so around). Not many WT sparrows on the UK campus either, the numbers
do seem low this year. Hopefully the cold weather will push some new birds
south :)

Last night while walking at the UK arboretum I had 3 black vultures fly low
overhead. This is the first stime I have seen black vultures around Lexington.

Ian StewartIan StewartDepartment of BiologyUniversity of KentuckyLexingtonKY
40506-0225(859) 323-9499
Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.