[birdky] snowstorm yard birds

  • From: "Aviva Yasgur" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vivyasgur76@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 23:51:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
Snowstorms always seem to bring some neat birds out of the woodwork.
(Unfortunately, I guess it's because they are really desperate for food ...)
But it's still fun to watch them! We always seem to have some neat ones show up
at our house when it snows.
Over the past couple days, some of the ones we've seen at our house in Murray
(right in town, by the Bee Creek soccer fields) included: a partially leucistic
female cardinal (I got a couple photos, if anyone would like to see), several
song sparrows mixed in with our usual white-throateds, a little group of both
red-winged and rusty blackbirds, and a sapsucker. And that was only what I saw
during the small percentage of the day that I was actually watching! Who know
what else might have showed up in the meantime!
Aviva YasgurMurray (Calloway County)