[birdky] Jeeves in the yard

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:29:26 -0600

This afternoon when I began refilling the feeders, I felt kind of bad that the
Grackles were getting all the yard birds' food, so before heading to the field,
I stood a while near the bird table so the little guys would get a chance to
eat. I hadn't been standing but a couple of minutes when I saw Jeeves in the
cranberry bush. I don't know if the field birds saw me standing by the yard
feeder or if the howling wind had already sent them looking for a wind shelter,
but nearly the whole gang moved en mass to the yard. I found only a few birds
still in the field when I took food down there. Took me a good part of the
afternoon to catch Jeeves on the ground beneath the feeder. With no briars to
run off into, he spent most of his time hanging out in the thorny shrub a few
feet from the feeder. Right after I finally gave it up and came in for the day,
I looked out the kitchen window and saw him helping the Goldfinches clean up
beneath the thistle sock. 3 new pictures here -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123438032@N04/
Frank Lyne
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY

================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS=============
When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.birdky.org