[birdky] sandhill cranes Oct 17th

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:04:37 -0400

11:30 Saturday morning, I saw between 2 and 3 hundred Sandhills on the
eastern Harrison County/Nicholas County line, heading south into Bourbon
County. They were high and moving on with a decent north air for push.
The main V was four times as long on the left as the right, with several
other single lines in the mix, and symmetric V of about 40-50 bringing
up the rear.  They don't seem to hold formation as well as Canada Geese.
Most all the cranes I have seen in Harrison County have been very much
on the same path.

Scott

Lexington, KY